Dubai Safari Park is a popular attraction in Dubai that allows visitors to see wildlife up close in a natural open safari setting. Many visitors are curious whether they can bring their own food and drinks inside the park for a picnic or if they need to purchase food inside. This article will provide key information for visitors on the rules and policies around outside food and beverage at Dubai Safari Park to optimize their experience.
Dubai Safari Park Food Rules
Dubai Safari Park has a clear policy that allows visitors to bring their own food and non-alcoholic beverages into the park. There are no restrictions on the types or amounts of food and drinks visitors can bring with them. This policy makes it very convenient for guests to pack a picnic lunch or snacks to enjoy during their self-guided safari tour.
Some key things to note about bringing your own food and drinks into Dubai Safari Park:
- All outside food and drinks are allowed. There are no restrictions on the types or amounts of food and non-alcoholic beverages you can bring into the park. You can pack sandwiches, snacks, fruits, desserts, juice, water, soft drinks etc. This allows you to customize your meals to your dietary needs and preferences.
- Alcohol is prohibited. While food and non-alcoholic drinks are allowed, any type of alcohol is strictly prohibited from being brought into the park. The park reserves the right to inspect any bags or coolers brought in.
- No glass containers. For safety reasons, any outside beverages must be in non-glass containers like plastic bottles or aluminum cans. Glass bottles or containers are prohibited.
- No BBQs. Guests cannot bring any cooking equipment like portable grills or BBQs to cook food inside the park. All food must be fully prepared beforehand.
- Fridges are available. The park has fridges located next to the snack bars where you can store your food if needed, but space is limited. Bringing a cooler for the day is recommended.
- Dining areas provided. There are designated picnic areas and shelters throughout the park where you can comfortably sit down to eat your packed meals or snacks.
Packing your own food and drinks can greatly enhance your safari experience while also being more economical. Patrons are advised to take full advantage of the open policy to bring any food items they desire into the park. Always remember to not bring any alcohol, glass containers or cooking equipment with you.
Benefits of Bringing Your Own Food
Taking advantage of Dubai Safari Park’s lenient outside food policy provides some great benefits:
- Saves money. Buying food inside the park can be expensive, so bringing your own homemade meals and snacks from home allows you to save substantially. This is especially helpful for families with children.
- Healthier options. By preparing your own food, you can ensure it aligns with any dietary restrictions you may have or eat healthier options than typical amusement park fare.
- Customized to tastes. Pack food and beverages that appeal specifically to you and your family’s preferences.
- Avoids wait times. You do not have to wait in long lines to purchase food, allowing you more time to enjoy the exhibits.
- Picnic experience. Eating your home-packed meals in the designated picnic areas enhances the open safari atmosphere.
- Convenience. Not having to carry or limit food and drinks allows you to conveniently move around the park freely.
Bringing your own food inside Dubai Safari Park enables you to save money, eat healthier, customize your meals and have a true open air picnic, making it the recommended option to optimize your visit.
What Foods to Bring
When deciding what foods to bring to Dubai Safari Park, it is important to keep the climate and limited refrigeration access in mind. Here are some great options for homemade meals, snacks and beverages to pack:
- Sandwiches – turkey, tuna salad, chicken salad, grilled veggies etc.
- Hearty salads – pasta, potato, quinoa, fruit
- Wraps or pitas with hummus and veggies
- Chicken, tuna or egg salad with crackers or in a pita
- Sushi and sashimi
- Pasta, potato or green salads with dressing on the side
- Hearty soups or chilis in a thermos
- Grilled chicken or tofu
- Fresh fruits – berries, sliced melons, pineapple, grapes
- Fresh crunchy vegetables – carrots, celery, jicama, bell peppers, snap peas
- Granola bars, protein bars, nutrigrain bars
- Dried fruit, nuts and seeds
- Crackers, pretzels, baked chips
- Popcorn, puffed corn or rice snacks
- Nut butters with crackers or apple slices
- Yogurt cups or tubes
- Cheese sticks or slices with crackers
- Water – bottles, thermoses, dispensers
- Fresh fruit juice – orange, apple, lemonade
- Coconut water or aloe vera juice
- Iced tea or freshly brewed tea
- Sodas – Coke, Pepsi, Sprite, ginger ale etc.
- Flavored waters – hint, Bubly, LaCroix etc.
The key is to pack non-perishable items that can withstand Dubai heat. Prepare cold salads, sandwiches and snacks ahead of time and transport in small coolers with ice packs. Bring beverages in reusable containers and bottles. With these tips, you can easily enjoy fresh, healthy meals just the way you like during your safari adventure.
What Foods to Purchase Inside
While bringing your own food into Dubai Safari Park is highly recommended, visitors may still wish to buy certain select items inside the park:
- Beverages – bottled water, fresh juices, soda, coffee and tea
- Ice cream – cones, sundaes and floats at the ice cream parlor
- Local cuisine – Arab, Middle Eastern and Emirati dishes to try
- Snacks – popcorn, cotton candy, churros, pretzels
- Souvenirs – local honey, dates, nuts and chocolates
Purchasing drinks is convenient as you move around the park and explore. Trying unique local snacks and cuisine offers a taste of Arabic culture and cuisine. Select souvenirs like dates, nuts and honey make tasty edible gifts from your safari adventure.
While dining inside the park can be pricey, there are reasons you may wish to buy certain items. Trying the unique cuisine, experiencing attractions like the ice cream parlor and purchasing bottled beverages allows you to save your home-packed meals for picnic times while exploring the exhibits.
Where to Eat Your Food
Dubai Safari Park offers many scenic spots to sit down and enjoy your packed meals and snacks:
Designated Picnic Areas
There are designated picnic areas throughout the park outfitted with tables, benches and shade shelters where you can comfortably feast on your home-packed goodies. These are ideal for laying out multi-course meals.
Numerous overlook shelters and gazebos are positioned around the park to relax in while observing the wildlife roaming below. These offer prime spots to break out your snacks and beverages.
Benches Along Paths
If you want to dine on the go, benches line walkways throughout the park where you can stop to eat a sandwich or fruit while taking in the safari scenery.
At Animal Stopping Points
For an up close experience, eat your snack while parked at designated animal stopping points that draw nearby giraffes, gazelles and ostriches.
In Your Vehicle
Packed snacks and drinks can be conveniently consumed from the comfort of your vehicle as you self-drive along the winding park roads.
Dubai Safari Park’s picnic areas, shelters, benches and car-friendly environment offers prime locations to sit and dine on the food you brought along. Choose based on the size of your meal, ambiance preferences and proximity to exhibits you wish to see up close.
Safely Transporting and Storing Food
To safely transport homemade meals from home and store it within the park, here are some useful tips:
- Pack food in insulated coolers with reusable ice packs to keep cold foods chilled.
- Separate different dishes with layers of paper towels or foil to prevent spills or cross-contamination.
- Pack dressings, oils, dips separately and add just before eating to avoid soggy sandwiches and salads.
- Transport cut fruits and veggies in sealable plastic containers.
- Keep cooked meats sealed and wrap tightly.
- Freeze any items like yogurt tubes, nut butters or meats overnight to help contents stay colder longer.
- Rinse fruits and some veggies then dry well before packing them.
- Bring dry snacks in reusable containers, jars or resealable bags.
- Use reusable bottles for beverages like water and juice.
- Avoid packing canned or bottled beverages as drinks in reusable containers stay colder.
- Use wide mouth thermoses for easy filling and pouring of hot and cold beverages.
- Once inside the park, take advantage of provided refrigerators to store perishable items that need extra cooling.
Proper planning for transport and storage will ensure your homemade meals, snacks and drinks remain fresh and safe to consume inside the park to give you the full experience of an ideal safari picnic.
While Dubai Safari Park allows outside food, it is important to follow proper etiquette when dining in public areas:
- Dispose of trash and food waste properly in designated bins. Do not litter.
- No feeding human food to the animals – it can make them sick.
- Keep picnic areas clean for the next guests.
- Supervise children closely and avoid overly messy foods.
- Noise must be kept to a minimum to not disturb animals or other visitors.
- Be self-aware and respectful when taking food photos.
- Wash hands before and after eating. Use hand sanitizer frequently.
- Avoid heavily scented foods as safari rides are enclosed.
- Do not store food remains in the open to avoid attracting insects and pests.
By being neat, cleaning up after yourself and not disturbing wildlife, you can safely enjoy your personal snacks and meals while maintaining the beautiful nature of Dubai Safari Park.
Dubai Safari Park’s open policy on outside food provides visitors full flexibility to bring in their own meals and snacks to save money, eat healthier and have a customized culinary experience. Take advantage of this policy by packing non-perishable sandwiches, salads, snacks and beverages in insulated coolers. Sit in provided dining areas to fully enjoy your homemade food in the open safari setting while observing unique wildlife. Follow proper etiquette and the ability to bring your own food makes visiting Dubai Safari Park even more enjoyable and convenient.
- Can I bring my own food and drinks to Dubai Safari Park?
Yes, Dubai Safari Park allows visitors to bring in their own food and non-alcoholic beverages with no restrictions. You can pack meals, snacks, fruits, desserts, juices, water, soda and more to enjoy during your visit.
- What types of meals can I bring into the park?
You can bring just about any type of ready-to-eat meal including sandwiches, wraps, salads, sushi, pasta, soups, chicken, and more. Just avoid highly perishable items and bring dressings and sauces on the side.
- Can I bring a cooler or picnic basket?
Yes, you can absolutely bring a cooler, picnic basket, reusable grocery bags or other container to transport and store your food inside the park.
- Are there facilities to keep food cold?
Yes, there are refrigerators located next to snack bars throughout Dubai Safari Park where you can store perishable items that need extra chilling. Bringing an insulated cooler is recommended.
- Can I bring my own snacks like chips, fruit, granola bars etc?
Yes, you are welcome to bring any kind of pre-packaged or fresh snacks and fruits along with your meals. These make great portable snacks as you explore the park.
- Where are the best places to have a picnic in the park?
There are designated picnic areas with tables and shelters perfect for meals. You can also eat snacks and quick foods at overlooks, benches along paths or from your vehicle.
- Can I bring a portable grill or BBQ to cook food inside the park?
No, bringing any sort of cooking equipment or grills is prohibited. All food must be prepared beforehand and fully ready to eat when entering the park.
- Are there restaurants and shops if I don’t bring food?
Yes, Dubai Safari Park has snack bars, restaurants, food carts and shops selling meals, snacks, drinks if you need to purchase food inside.
- Can I remove food or drink leftovers when I leave?
Yes, any leftover foods, drinks or coolers that you brought in can be taken back home with you. Just be sure to take all your trash to maintain cleanliness in the park.
- Is there a limit on how much outside food I can bring in?
No, there are no limits on the quantities of food and drinks you can bring as long as it is for personal consumption. You can pack food for your entire group.
- Can I bring alcohol into the park?
No. While outside food is allowed, alcohol is strictly prohibited from being brought into Dubai Safari Park. Bags and coolers may be inspected.
Dubai Safari Park’s open outside food policy enhances the experience by allowing visitors to picnic in comfort with their own homemade meals. By packing nutritious sandwiches, salads, snacks and drinks, families can save money, customize options to their diet and skip long food lines. The key is packing smartly for the heat, taking advantage of provided dining areas and following etiquette. Bringing your own food unlocks the full potential to relax and enjoy Dubai Safari Park at your own pace.